April 15, 2009

A nice surprise

We spend a goodly amount of time at the post office. The Charlottesville post office is a generally nice place- really helpful, efficient, and generally nice postal people. We have a smile-hi relationship that I always more deeply appreciate whenever I have to go to a different post office (say, the everything is behind bulletproof glass one near the Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia).

I was dreading going to the post office this afternoon to drop off orders, given the usual tax day chaos. So imagine my pleasant surprise when the open area in the front of the building had some happy tents set up (complete with one of those weird waving wind people), and Papa John's was handing out slices of free cheese pizza. The parking lot wasn't crazy, the line inside was short, and I walked away with a tasty hot slice of pizza.

I'm pretty sure I've never been so happily surprised on April 15.

Post script: In looking for an image to link to for the weird waving wind people, I discovered an entire world of people referring to them as "Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube" men. Bar none, THE best photo of one is a bento box version on flickr. LOVE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment